American Express Gold Card
A decent high-end card ($250 annual fee) for people who travel frequently and are looking for premium travel-related rewards and perks.
Rewards & Perks
- 4x points at US restaurants.
- 4x points at US supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases).
- 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- $120 dining credit: Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at participating partners (Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations). Enrollment required.
- $120 Uber credit each year: $10 per month in Uber credits to spend on Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S.
- Preferred seating at events: With Preferred seating, you will have access to premium seats for select cultural and sporting events, based on availability.
- American Express Experiences: Get access to concert, theater, and special event tickets before they go on sale to the public.
- Personalized Travel Service: With Personalized Travel Service, book flights across the world, make hotel arrangements, and schedule ground transport when you touch down. It's just a phone call away with the Gold Card. (Fees apply for air travel.)
- Global Assist Hotline: When you travel more than 100 miles from home, you have 24/7 access to medical, legal, financial, or other select emergency coordination and assistance services, including medical and legal referrals, assistance with cash wires, passport replacement, missing luggage and more.
- The American Express Hotel Collection: When you book hotel stays of 2+ nights through American Express Travel, you'll receive a $100 hotel credit (to spend on qualifying dining, spa, and resort activities) and a room upgrade upon arrival (when available).
- Amex Offers: Access to the Amex Offers portal, which has special offers for shopping, dining, travel, and more.
- Pay It or Plan It: Two different options to pay down your balance. Take advantage of the "Pay It" option to pay small purchase amounts (under $100), or you can "Plan It" to split up large purchases ($100 or more) with a fixed fee.
- Other perks include: Car rental loss and damage insurance and lost luggage reimbursement.
- Earn 75,000 points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new card within the first 6 months.
Rates & Fees
- Annual fee: $250.
- Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Pay Over Time Feature: 15.99-22.99%.
- No foreign transaction fee.
Plan Fee (Fixed Finance Charge): For purchase amounts in a Pay Over Time balance: A monthly fee up to 1.33% of each purchase amount moved into a plan based on the plan duration, the APR that would otherwise apply to the purchase amount, and other factors. For purchase amounts in a Pay In Full balance: A monthly fee up to 1.33% of each purchase amount moved into a plan based on the plan duration, the APR that applies to the Pay Over Time feature at the time you create the plan, and other factors.
This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. This APR may be applied to your Account if: 1) you make one or more late payments; or 2) your payment is returned by your bank We may also consider your creditworthiness in determining whether or not to apply the penalty APR to the Pay Over Time balance(s) on your Account. How Long Will the Penalty APR Apply? If the Penalty APR is applied, it will apply for at least 6 months. We review your Account every 6 months after the Penalty APR is applied. The Penalty APR will continue to apply until after you have made timely payments, with no returned payments during the 6 months being reviewed.