Bank of America Premium Rewards
A mediocre travel rewards cards with a good 50K points signup bonus, and with 2x points on travel and dining and 1.5x on everything else, but a $95 annual fee.
Rewards & Perks
- 50,000 bonus points after you spend $3K within the first 3 months.
- 2x points on travel and dining purchases.
- 1.5 points per dollar for all other purchases.
- Get up to a $100 Airline Incidental Statement Credit annually for qualifying purchases such as seat upgrades, baggage fees, in-flight services, and airline lounge fees - automatically applied to your card statement.
- Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection privileges: Enjoy a premium set of benefits when you use your Premium Rewards card to book through the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection.
- Personal concierge service (via Visa Signature Concierge): Visa Signature concierge service gives you access to concierges who can help with travel planning, restaurant recommendations, and event reservations.
- If you're a Bank of American Gold Preferred Rewards client, you'll earn 25% more points on every purchase.
- If you're a Bank of American Platinum Preferred Rewards client, you'll earn 50% more points on every purchase.
- If you're a Bank of American Platinum Honors Preferred Rewards client, you'll earn 75% more points on every purchase.
- Car rental loss and damage insurance: Provides you reimbursement for damage due to collision or theft. Coverage is supplemental to and in excess of other insurance. You must decline the collision/loss damage waiver offered by the auto rental agency.
- Baggage delay insurance: Provides reimbursement of up to $100 per day (up to five days), when your bags are delayed or misdirected by a common carrier for more than six hours for essential items including clothing.
- Emergency evacuation & transportation: If you or a member of your immediate family are injured or become sick during a trip far from home that results in an emergency evacuation, you can be covered for eligible medical services and transportation.
- Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check fee credit: Receive a statement credit of up to $100 every 4 years as reimbursement for the application fee charged to your card.
- Lost luggage reimbursement (up to $3,000 per passenger): Provides you coverage for luggage and its contents if they are lost or stolen due to theft or misdirection by the common carrier (airline, bus, train, cruise ship).
- Roadside dispatch: 24-hour, toll-free referral dispatch for emergency roadside assistance services like towing, changing a flat tire, boosting a battery, fuel delivery, and more.
- Trip cancellation/trip interruption insurance: If your trip is canceled or cut short by sickness, severe weather and other covered situations, you can be reimbursed for your pre-paid, non-refundable travel expenses, including passenger fares, tours, etc.
- Trip delay reimbursement: Provides reimbursement (e.g., up to $500 per purchased ticket) for you and your eligible family members for reasonable expenses if a covered trip is delayed (due to a covered hazard) for more than 12 hours (or for more than 6 hours, depending on which credit card you have).
- Travel and emergency assistance services: Lets you get help coordinating medical, legal, and travel services when you are traveling. The cost of any goods or services is your responsibility.
- Extended warranty for warranties of 3 years or less: Extends the time period of the U.S. manufacturer's warranty (by an additional 1+ years) for eligible items that would otherwise have warranties of 3 years or less. (Refer to the offer details on the credit card issuer's website for details about dollar limits and exclusions.)
- Purchase Protection (90 days): Can repair, replace or reimburse you, if an eligible item purchased with the card is stolen or damaged within 90 days of purchase.
- Return protection (90 days): You can be reimbursed for eligible items that the store won't take back within 90 days of purchase.
- Free online access to your FICO credit score: You can opt-in to access your FICO Score updated monthly for free, within your Mobile Banking app or in Online Banking.
- Fraud protection: Your card transactions will be monitored for possible signs of fraudulent activity. (Depending on the credit card and issuer, this may also include a $0 liability guarantee for fraudulent transactions.)
- Overdraft protection: A service to help prevent declined purchases, returned checks, or other overdrafts.
- Account alerts: Stay on top of your balances and due dates by setting customer email or text alerts.
- 50K bonus points after you spend $3K within the first 3 months.
Rates & Fees
- $95 annual fee.
- APR on purchases and balance transfers: 15.99-22.99%.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Fee for direct deposit and check cash advances: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater.
- Fee for ATM, over-the-counter, same-day online, and cash equivalent cash advances: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater.
- Fee for overdraft protection cash advances (if enrolled): $12 for each transaction.
- APR for direct deposit and check cash advances: 18.99-25.99%.
- APR for bank cash advances: 27.24%.
- APRs will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. This APR may be applied to new transactions on your account if you: Make a late payment. How Long Will the Penalty APR Apply?: If your APRs are increased, the Penalty APR will apply indefinitely.