American Express Platinum
A high annual fee ($695), but excellent travel perks (5x on travel, annual $200 Uber credit, and many hotel perks) and a 100K points welcome bonus.
Rewards & Perks
- 5x points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express travel (on up to $500,000 spent per year).
- 5x points on hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- 1x points on everything else.
- 100,000 points welcome bonus (after spending $6,000 in the first 6 months).
- American Express Global Lounge Collection benefits: Unlocks access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries and counting.
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status: Includes 25% points bonus, priority late checkout, Elite phone line, complimentary enhanced internet, upgrades to enhanced rooms, and welcome gifts.
- Hilton Honors Gold status: Includes 80% points bonus on stays, milestone bonus, fifth night free on reward stays, two complimentary bottles of water per stay, room upgrades, breakfast, and bonus points or another welcome amenity.
- Uber VIP Status: Get matched with top-rated Uber drivers.
- American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts program: Provides the following elite-like benefits at over 1,000 luxury hotel locations: Room upgrade upon arrival (subject to availability), daily breakfast for 2 people, guaranteed 4pm late checkout, noon check-in (subject to availability), complimentary wi-fi, and a unique property amenity valued at $100 (spa or food and beverage credit).
- "By Invitation Only" Program: Specially-curated and customized once-in-a-lifetime events exclusively for American Express Platinum and Centurion Card Members, including Additional Centurion Cards. (RSVP is required.)
- $200 for Uber: Up to $15 per month in Uber credits for U.S. rides, plus a bonus $20 in December.
- $100 for Saks: $100 voucher for Saks Fifth Avenue ($50 January-June and $50 July-December).
- $179 for CLEAR® airport security service: Up to $179 in fee credits for a CLEAR® airport security service plan. (Enrollment required; credit is a statement credit.)
- $200 for hotels: $200 Hotel Credit as statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel. (Enrollment Required.)
- $200 for airline fees: $200 in annual airline fee credits (as statement credits) for your chosen airline (Enrollment required)
- $240 for digital entertainment: $240 Digital Entertainment Credit which is good for up to $20 back each month on select digital subscriptions with Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times.(Enrollment Required.)
- $300 for Equinox: $300 Equinox Credit as a $25 statement credit valid each month at Equinox, valid for Equinox All Access, Destination, or E by Equinox membership fees, or for Equinox+. (Enrollment required.)
- International Airline Program: Lower fares on the best international seats in the house, up to 8 tickets per booking. There’s no need to shop around when you book the International Airline Program with American Express Travel. Enjoy savings on international First, Business, Premium Economy seats on more than 25 world-class airlines. (Basic Card Member must be traveling on the itinerary and travel must originate in, and return to, the U.S.)
- Preferred seating at events: With Preferred seating, you will have access to premium seats for select cultural and sporting events, based on availability. at events: With Preferred seating at events: With Preferred seating, you will have access to premium seats for select cultural and sporting events, based on availability., you will have access to premium seats for select cultural and sporting events, based on availability.
Exclusives and events:
- Global Dining Access by Resy: Unlock access to exclusive reservations and special dining experiences with Global Dining Access by Resy.
- Premium Global Assist Hotline: When you travel more than 100 miles from home, you have 24/7 access to medical, legal, financial, or other select emergency coordination and assistance services, including medical and legal referrals, assistance with cash wires, passport replacement, missing luggage and more.
- Platinum Travel Service: Platinum Travel counselors specialize in providing custom itineraries and tailored recommendations to help you make the most of your travels.
- Platinum Card Concierge: Platinum Card Concierge is available 24/7 to help with anything from assisting with special dinner reservations to finding the perfect gift - simply call or email them to give them your Concierge request.
Offers, discounts, and vouchers:
- The American Express Hotel Collection: When you book hotel stays of 2+ nights through American Express Travel, you'll receive a $100 hotel credit (to spend on qualifying dining, spa, and resort activities) and a room upgrade upon arrival (when available).
- Amex Offers: Access to the Amex Offers portal, which has special offers for shopping, dining, travel, and more.
- 1% cash back at “InCircle” merchants: 1% cash back (in the form of a gift card, via the "InCircle" points program) on spending at Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Last Call, Horchow, and CUSP. (For each dollar you spend at Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Last Call, Horchow, and CUSP, you earn an "InCircle point". For every 10,000 InCircle points you receive, you will get a $100 InCircle Point Card. Points Cards can be used toward purchases at the stores just listed. This is in addition to the regular American Express points ("Membership Rewards" points) that you'd earn.)
- Global Entry or TSA Pre ✓® fee credit: Receive a statement credit (up to $100 every 4 years for Global Entry, or up to $85 every five years for TSA Pre ✓®) as reimbursement for the application fee charged to your card.
- Purchase Protection (90 days): Coverage for eligible items you buy with your card if they are lost or stolen within 90 days of your purchase.
- Return protection (90 days): You can be reimbursed for eligible items that the store won't take back within 90 days of purchase.
- Pay It or Plan It: Two different options to pay down your balance. Take advantage of the "Pay It" option to pay small purchase amounts (under $100), or you can "Plan It" to split up large purchases ($100 or more) with a fixed fee.
Other perks include: Car rental loss and damage insurance, premium car rental benefits, extended warranty for warranties of 5 years or less, trip delay reimbursement, trip cancellation/trip interruption insurance, and account alerts.
- 100K points welcome bonus (after spending $6,000 in the first 6 months).
Rates & Fees
- Annual fee: $695.
- Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Pay Over Time Feature: 15.99-22.99%.
- No foreign transaction fees.
Plan Fee (Fixed Finance Charge): For purchase amounts in a Pay Over Time balance: A monthly fee up to 1.33% of each purchase amount moved into a plan based on the plan duration, the APR that would otherwise apply to the purchase amount, and other factors. For purchase amounts in a Pay In Full balance: A monthly fee up to 1.33% of each purchase amount moved into a plan based on the plan duration, the APR that applies to the Pay Over Time feature at the time you create the plan, and other factors.
This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. This APR may be applied to your Account if: 1) you make one or more late payments; or 2) your payment is returned by your bank We may also consider your creditworthiness in determining whether or not to apply the penalty APR to the Pay Over Time balance(s) on your Account. How Long Will the Penalty APR Apply? If the Penalty APR is applied, it will apply for at least 6 months. We review your Account every 6 months after the Penalty APR is applied. The Penalty APR will continue to apply until after you have made timely payments, with no returned payments during the 6 months being reviewed.
✔ Travel rewards (airline and hotel)