Capital One Venture Rewards
A good card for earning airline miles, with a 60K miles early spend bonus and 2x miles on all purchases, but also a $95 annual fee.
Rewards & Perks
- 60,000 bonus miles: One-time bonus of 60,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months.
- 2 miles per dollar for all purchases.
- Travel accident insurance: Get automatic insurance for loss of life or limb at no extra charge when you use your credit card to purchase your fare.
- Car rental loss and damage insurance: Provides you reimbursement for damage due to collision or theft. Coverage is supplemental to and in excess of other insurance. You must decline the collision/loss damage waiver offered by the auto rental agency.
- Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check fee credit: Receive a statement credit of up to $100 every 4 years as reimbursement for the application fee charged to your card.
- Special offers and discounts (via Capital One Shopping): Capital One Shopping is an online shopping tool that automatically applies available coupon codes to your order.
- Special access to events: Special access (sometimes including ticket pre-sales and preferred seating) for popular events, such as sporting events and concerts.
- Emergency cash disbursement and card replacement: Cardholders can get an emergency cash advance disbursed or a card replaced within one business day, or in some cases, within 24 hours, after approval.
- Extended warranty for warranties of 3 years or less: Extends the time period of the U.S. manufacturer's warranty (by an additional 1+ years) for eligible items that would otherwise have warranties of 3 years or less. (Refer to the offer details on the credit card issuer's website for details about dollar limits and exclusions.)
- Free credit score: Free online access to your VantageScore credit score.
- Freeze or unfreeze your credit card at anytime: Switch your credit card off or on at anytime. By switching it off, you'll stop any new purchases, cash advances, or balance transfers on your account. This would be in effect until you decide to switch your credit card back on.
- Fraud protection: Your card transactions will be monitored for possible signs of fraudulent activity. (Depending on the credit card and issuer, this may also include a $0 liability guarantee for fraudulent transactions.)
- Account alerts: Stay on top of your balances and due dates by setting customer email or text alerts.
- 60,000 bonus miles: One-time bonus of 50,000 miles if you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months.
Rates & Fees
- Annual fee: $95.
- APR for purchases and balance transfers: 17.24-24.49%.
- No foreign transaction fees.