American Express Delta SkyMiles Platinum
A good card for frequent Delta flyers, with a welcome bonus (after spending $2K within 3 months) of 50K miles plus 5K MQMs (Medallion® Qualification Miles) and an ongoing 3x miles on Delta and hotels, but a $250 annual fee.
Rewards & Perks
- A welcome bonus (after spending $2K within 3 months) of 50K miles plus 5K MQMs (Medallion® Qualification Miles). (Offer expires 11/10/2021.)
- 3x miles on Delta purchases (Delta flights and Delta Vacations) and hotel purchases. 2x miles at restaurants and supermarkets. 1x miles on everything else.
- Status Boost: Earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times. (Note: MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different from the miles you earn towards flights.)
- Additional MQMs: Earn an additional 2,500 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) each time you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Platinum Card (up to 2 times).
- Free checked bag: First checked bag is free.
- Annual companion airplane ticket: One round-trip airplane ticket per year for a travelling companion.
- $39 Delta Sky Club Access: Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- Priority boarding: Priority boarding allows you to board the plane sooner, stow your bag and settle in your seat before takeoff.
- Global Assist Hotline: When you travel more than 100 miles from home, you have 24/7 access to medical, legal, financial, or other select emergency coordination and assistance services, including medical and legal referrals, assistance with cash wires, passport replacement, missing luggage and more.
- Global Entry or TSA Pre ✓® fee credit: Receive a statement credit of up to $100 every 4 years as reimbursement for the application fee charged to your card.
- Early access: Exclusive access to ticket presales and card member only events.
- Purchase Protection (90 days): Coverage for eligible items you buy with your card if they are lost or stolen within 90 days of your purchase.
- Pay It or Plan It: Two different options to pay down your balance. Take advantage of the "Pay It" option to pay small purchase amounts (under $100), or you can "Plan It" to split up large purchases ($100 or more) with a fixed fee.
- Other perks include: Fraud protection, car rental loss and damage insurance, trip delay reimbursement, lost luggage reimbursement, and extended warranty for warranties of 5 years or less.
- A welcome bonus (after spending $2K within 3 months) of 50K miles plus 5K MQMs (Medallion® Qualification Miles).
Rates & Fees
- Annual fee: $250.
- APR on purchases: 15.74-24.74%.
- No foreign transaction fees.
Plan Fee (Fixed Finance Charge): Up to 1.33% of each purchase moved into a plan based on the plan duration, the APR that would otherwise apply to the purchase and other factors.
This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. This APR may be applied to new transactions on your account if: 1) you make one or more late payments; or 2) your payment is returned by your bank We may also consider your creditworthiness in determining whether or not to apply the penalty APR to your Account. How Long Will the Penalty APR Apply? If the Penalty APR is applied, it will apply for at least 6 months. We review your Account every 6 months after the Penalty APR is applied. The Penalty APR will continue to apply until after you have made timely payments, with no returned payments during the 6 months being reviewed.